The mission of the Cornell Bowers CIS Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (Cornell Bowers CIS DEI) is to engage collaboratively with collegiate, corporate, and community partners to broaden the participation of marginalized populations and promote a cultural climate that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In an effort to achieve this mission, Cornell Bowers CIS DEI is expanding its partnerships opportunities to ensure sustainable resources that will enhance the academic, personal, and professional development of faculty, staff, students, and underserved communities.
If you or your company are interested in partnering with Cornell Bowers DEI, please contact the Cornell Bowers CIS DEI team via email
Support of The Cornell Bowers CIS Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion allows the office to create and host innovative programming, events, and services offered on campus, online, and in surrounding communities.
- Collaborate on grant proposals focused on broadening participation in computer science, information science, statistics, or data science field.
- Provide a letter of support for a grant proposal
- Facilitate a presentation on best practices for collaborations between corporations and institutions of higher education.
- Allocate a donation toward Cornell Bowers CIS faculty research projects that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Sponsor a presentation on graduate school admission to identity-based employee resource groups.
- Serve as a keynote speaker or guest panelist for staff programs and events.
- Allocate a donation toward staff professional development activities that will enhance their level of service to marginalized populations.
- Identify corporate recruiters to support the career development and employment of marginalized undergraduate and graduate students at Cornell Bowers CIS.
- Serve as a guest speaker, panelist, recruiter, judge, or mentor for student programs and events.
- Support students attending an in-person or virtual corporate tour.
- Sustain Cornell Bowers CIS programming, scholarship distribution, and professional development
- Sponsor student organizations
- Share Bowers CIS DEI community engagement volunteer opportunities with identity-based employee resource groups.
- Support Cornell Bowers CIS DEI K-12 outreach activities to broaden the participation of historically underrepresented populations in tech.
- Serve as a co-presenter with Bowers CIS DEI at conferences to discuss the positive impact of corporate relations in higher education.