Assistance in Financial Securement
Cornell Bowers CIS DEI will assist faculty and staff members in securing financial resources that will ensure the sustainability of collegiate initiatives for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Provided below is a brief overview of support areas:
- Be a thought partner on potential proposals and student sponsorship packages.
- Provide a letter of support for proposals that incorporates diversity, equity, inclusion.
- Serve as a collaborative partner on composing proposals that are focused on broadening participation in computer science, information science, statistics, and data science.
In collaboration with campus partners, Cornell Bowers CIS DEI will offer one-on-one and group consultations to support faculty, staff, and student efforts to incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusivity into their everyday practices. Below is a short list of consultation services:
- Assist in planning programs, events, and services related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide insights on how to incorporate diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging best practices.
- Serve as a point of contact to discuss diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging concerns.
- Complete and submit a bias report on the behalf of faculty, staff, and students.
Presentations, Workshops, and Trainings
Cornell Bowers CIS DEI provides customized presentations, workshops, and trainings for faculty, staff, and students who submit a request two weeks in advance of their preferred date(s). Below is a list of topic areas covered:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Academic Success
- Conflict Resolution
- Career Development