Around the Chairs provides undergraduates, professionals, and doctoral students an opportunity to dialogue with Cornell Bowers CIS Chairs and/or Directors. During these table-talk sessions, students will:
- Meet with Cornell Bowers CIS Chairs and/or Directors for an in-person or virtual table-talk discussion.
- Learn about the Cornell Bowers CIS Chairs and/or Directors’ academic and professional journey.
- Share their experience as a marginalized student in computer science, information science, and statistics and data science.
- Receive guidance on their academic and career aspirations.
- Obtain information on the benefits of pursuing an advanced degree in their field of study.
- Be inspired, encouraged, and validated for their commitment to degree completion and post-graduation goals.