Faculty Fireside Chats provide undergraduates, professionals, and doctoral students an opportunity to “chat” with Cornell Bowers CIS faculty in an interactive setting that may involve the following: game nights, team building activities, campus strolls, bonfires, and luncheons. During these activities, students will:
- Connect with Cornell Bowers CIS faculty through fireside chats and social activities.
- Learn about the academic and professional journey of Cornell Bowers CIS faculty.
- Share their experience as a marginalized student in computer science, information science, and statistics and data science.
- Receive guidance on their academic and career aspirations.
- Obtain information on the benefits of pursuing an advanced degree in their field of study.
- Be inspired, encouraged, and validated for their commitment to degree completion and post-graduation goals.
If you are interested in learning more about Faculty Fireside Chats, please email the Cornell Bowers CIS Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at email@example.com.